Dear friends and family,
(Hiking in the Blue Ridge Mountains)
Vanessa Here 🙂 I’m currently in Washington DC working as a physical therapist, serving as a missions pastor in Alexandria, VA, and doing inner city youth ministry 🙂 I’ve got some great news, keep reading to find out.
(Oldie but goodie, HopeStreet Christmas)
I’m heading to the Democratic Republic of the Congo in March.
For the last few years God has been giving me a desire to serve alongside Africa New Day a non profit based in Goma, Congo. (Visit Africanewday.org)
For over 5 years Africa New Day has been working alongside men, women and children to stop the cycle of violence that has torn Eastern Congo apart.
My heart longs to be apart of the work that God is doing:
* to come alongside and help mend the broken hearts of women ravaged by sexual violence,
* to partner with children and youth to help raise a generation built on Godly principles
* support the Sons of Congo program that is transforming the lives of men into protectors
* to support, encourage, and work alongside the founders and staff of Africa New Day, as they daily fight for hearts, lives, and a beautiful country, people currently hidden in darkness
That’s my heart. This is why I’m going. Lives are being changed, the light of God is breaking through the darkness, and I want to be apart of this transformation!
This is only part one of the adventure. I plan to stay for two weeks at the beginning of March 2017. While I work with Africa New Day in March, I will also be exploring how I can serve with Africa New Day on a longer term basis.
Will you partner with me? (Looking for partners not only for March, but for the long haul!) Come and joint me 🙂
How can you help me get to Congo? (Stage 1)
1. Financial Need = $2500 (flight, transportation, lodging, visa, etc)
For tax deductible donations please send to The Lighthouse Fellowship
5200 Eisenhower Ave, Suite 200
Alexandria, VA 22304
Checks payable to The Lighthouse Fellowship, put Congo Short Term Mission in memo (DO NOT put my name)
*online option (just not tax deductible)*
2. Prayers! Please let me know if you would like to be on my prayer support list.
Thank you so much for your support!! Would love to hear from you!
I’m excited to partner with each of you along this journey!
Subscribe to my blog and Follow my journey at extraordinaryhope.org
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions!